Rapid technological advances have turned expensive technologies into cost-effective ones. What if we were to tell you that laser marking has become a sought-after and inexpensive technology? Not only is it cost-effective, but it can be used for creating readable text on various substrates. These include barcoding, logos, QR codes, and texts.
While laser technology may not replace inkjet technology, fiber lasers are certainly a technology to reckon with. Fiber laser technology allows you to pay at least 30% less than the traditional YAG lasers up front, and have significant cost savings in the long run. They are designed to create high quality markings, thus leading to legible bar codes.
The Advantages of Choosing Fiber Laser Marking Technology
There are a variety of benefits that can be accrued by choosing fiber laser technology. Here are a few of the advantages:
- Fiber lasers are capable of creating markings in any size
- They provide exact widths and spaces in between each vertical line within barcodes for legibility by scanners
- With laser marking, manipulating or changing a barcode or QR code
- There is no difficulty in identifying parts due to the legible markings
- Laser systems can be integrated into the manufacturing assembly line, allowing for quick and repetitive marking of products
- Many companies use 2D data matrix or QR codes as a way to identify parts. The advantage of laser technology is that the data matrix engraving will not degrade over time
- Laser marking can be used to create bar codes or engravings on a variety of materials. These can include:
- Steel Alloys
- Painted Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Galvanized Steel
- Pre and Post-Anodized Aluminum
The speed, precision, versatility, and cost-effectiveness of the technology has made it the leading choice for companies for laser marking.