Supplying Laser Marking Services to the Medical Industry
An Array of Laser Marking Solutions for Medical Product Identification
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recently made identification of medical products mandatory. Due to the adoption of this new rule, major medical products such as catheters, surgical tools, and implants have to be marked with identification information. Hai Tech Lasers, Inc. can provide an optimum solution for laser marking on medical parts.We ensure that all our laser makings are permanent, and will be completely readable and traceable throughout a product’s service life.
Types of Laser Marking Solutions
The medical device manufacturing industry has a list of standards, which strictly emphasize which markings should be on which product. The standards also specify mark placement, i.e., the position where the marking should be created. The Hai Tech Laser team is fully aware of the medical industry regulations. We provide a wide range of markings for identification of various medical devices. The range of markings include:
- 2D barcodes
- Serial numbers
- Date and lot codes
- Multi-language fonts
- Company or trademark logos
- Bone screw identification marking
- Compliance information
Material Marking Capabilities
When it comes to materials, we have the capabilities to provide marking solutions for all types of devices. As most medical products are manufactured either from metal or plastic, we focus on Laser engraving solutions for different materials in both categories.
- Stainless Steel
- Anodized Titanium
- Chrome Plated Steel
- Passivated Metals
How Customers can Benefit with laser marking services for Surgical Tools
There are various benefits for medical device manufacturers with surgical tool marking:
- Laser marking tracking information optimizes market surveillance and improves patient safety.
- Compared to hot foil, ink jet, and chemical etching, laser marking is a non-invasive and non-contaminating process.
- With trademark protection marking, the chances of product piracy are reduced considerably.
- It ensures device compliance with FDA’s Unique Device Identification (UDI) system.
- Laser marking is a non-contact process that creates symbols and codes with high precision
Hai Tech Lasers, Inc. provides comprehensive laser services to support the identification and authenticity of medical devices and products. Our laser technologies are versatile and extremely economical. If you would like to know more, please contact us at +1 (661) 775-0210, or via email at sales@HaiTechLasers.com.